Friday, June 27, 2014

Peach Trees

I purchased a peach tree today. Since I already have one, my husband said "no more." I bought one anyways, because it was covered with peaches and a cheap price. I don't know what he'll say about it. I guess I got paid back, because I was stung by a bee there.
The tree is an Elberta peach. Online descriptions say it is a favorite for canning. Since I love home canned peaches, I can't wait until it start producing. My husband loves them too, so I hope he understands.
The man that helped me, said that it is best to cut out the bottom of the container and plant it with the container intact. I've never heard of this before. He said you'd end up with a stronger tree. I guess it would help when we have high winds, which can be a problem here. Has anyone else tried planting a peach tree this way? I wonder if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment