Thursday, July 10, 2014

Flowers Blooming 7-10-2014

More Blooms....
Elegant Candy is one of my favorites, because it has so many buds and blooms for so long. The one below is similar to this one, but a little shorter.
Siloam Ribbon Candy looks so much like Elegant Candy. I have them planted close to each other the main difference is in the height. 27" scapes 3.25" blooms Midseason bloom Diploid Dormant Diurnal
america Purple Asiatic Lilies - I purchase these one year while we were on vacation. When I bought them, they were a true purple. The ground here is a neutral. I wonder if they can be more purple in more acidic soil.
I traded plants with a lady to get this one. She said it was Buffy's Doll. Most years it isn't so pink, but more of an apricot color.
This is another photo of the Collier daylily. The edges are pretty on this one. Blooms are 6" on 28" scapes. This blooms early and continues until mid-season. The blooms start just a few days after Stella, so is one of my favorites. The first blooms are special. It is a semi-evergeen Tetraploid. It was bred by the breeder Collier Brown-EC) and was introduced in 1995. I
Becky Daisies spread like crazy. I just moved some from this spot that was as big of bunch as this early this spring.
I believe this one is Lady Cynthia, but don't have it positively ID'd at this point. I have several daylilies like this that look a lot alike. The daylily has an early bloom and is the only one like this blooming, so I'm guessing that is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment