Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August Blooms

I have a few of the photos of the new daylilies that I purchased and there are a few plants that I've had for years blooming right now.

This is one of my new ones. I don't have these identified, but will write the names later. It does have some rain damage that put a few spots on it.

Here is another new one. I'll have to identify it later. Sorry for the paper showing in the background. I had something like 13 daylilies to plant and I started a new garden for them. Instead of all that digging, I layed down paper bags and thick newspaper around them. When I am finished they will be covered with soil. It sure saves a lot of digging.

This is an older daylily that I have. I think it is Sabrina Selina. It could also be Best of Friends. Eventually, I'll go out and do some measuring.

This one is a Siloam Daylily. I'm pretty sure it is Siloam Merle Kent. I am getting odd colors this year due to lack of rain.



This is one of my new ones. I should have gotten a photo closer up, because it is a beauty. Since I'm not much of a fan of yellow, I purchased this one because it has a little of a peach blend in it too and has such nice edging. The name is Collier.

Here is another photo of my double. Please if anyone knows the name let me know. I purchased it about 2 years ago and lost the tag.


Frozen Jade is a beauty even though it is an older daylily. I've had this one for several years.



This daylily is Hall's Pink. It has a smaller spidery bloom, but the plant has a high bud count. Myself, I always like a daylily that blooms late when the others are about finished.


Heavenly Seraphim is a beauty. The bloom is much bigger than it appears here.



You don't want to add Kwanso in a garden unless you don't mind it spreading everywhere. These are beautiful, but the best place for them is along a ditch or pond. It will take over the garden. I have these popping up everywhere and have to dig them out every year.


Lady Liz is a beauty too. The blooms are big even if it doesn't look like it in the photo.


I need to check all of my reds and identify them. We moved and I have never gone through to be sure which is which.

My son got these orientals for me for Mother's day the year we visited the tulip farm in Holland Michigan. They have huge blooms and as you can see they are always covered.


My purple David phlox is just starting to bloom. The color is more purple than it is showing. I had a cheap camera that took much more vivid photos. I might switch back to it.

                                                      Prince Coral Bells- Heuchera


                                                    Raspberry Chiffon Coral Bells - Heuchera

                                       
                                                 I think this one is Yazoo. It has big blooms and an unusual shape.


This one is becoming my favorite. It is an older daylily, but has wonderful edges and big blooms. The plant is hardy. If I do any hybridizing, I will use this one. The name is Yuma.

No comments:

Post a Comment